28 Feb 2019, 09:46 am
Kiwi Can Leaders – 2 part time positions
• Do you want to make a difference to our young people in Rotorua?
• Do you have experience working with young people?
• Are you highly motivated and conscientious?
• Do you have experience in education, mentoring or coaching?
• Are you fit, fun and energetic?
We are seeking 2 people with loads of energy and a great work ethic to deliver our Kiwi Can programme to children in Rotorua schools.
Kiwi Can is a life skills and values programme, operating and achieving great results in Years 1-8 primary and intermediate classrooms nationwide. Kiwi Can develops children's confidence and respect and gives them the opportunity to discover their potential.
Kiwi Can Leaders work in pairs as role-models for both male and female students. Lessons are planned and delivered to each class in the participating schools.
Key attributes for this role include:
• Experience and/or knowledge of health education, physical education or child-based learning environments (helpful but not essential).
• Ability / interest in other areas such as sport, music, art or drama (an advantage).
• Ability to coach and mentor others.
• Excellent understanding of tikanga Māori.
• Ability or experience in presenting to others.
• Own reliable transport and a current, clean driving licence (required).
The job description is available upon request.
CONTACT THE YOUTH HUB TEAM IF YOU WOULD LIKE ANY MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY.
Applications close 3pm Sunday March 3 2019